Arguably, like so many beautiful things about the German language, it has its origins in Loriot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZykYHYf3A

Maybe a moot point though ...

Christophe

Von: JISCmail German Studies List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Elisabeth Attlmayr
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. März 2015 20:04
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: new anglicism

This has been around for a while, it is listed in Duden online as well, although as salopp, so it might be a predominantly colloquial term. I think that's the appeal, as Druck machen or vorantreiben sound more formal....  As such, it seems less useless than many other anglicisms, but maybe that's just because I have been guilty of using it...

Schönen Abend noch, Elisabeth

Sent from my iPad