Generation ART - new open submission touring exhibition for children & young people in England Dear GEM Colleagues,

engage has just launched an exciting new project - Generation ART: Young Artists on Tour, an exhibition of children and young people’s artwork collected through open submission, supported by Arts Council England’s Strategic touring programme. The exhibition will open at Turner Contemporary, Margate in June, and tour to New Walk Museum and Art Gallery and Soft Touch Arts in Leicester, and Quay Arts on the Isle of Wight in 2015-16.

The aim of Generation ART is for children and young people to be involved in a high quality exhibition at every stage - as curators, artists, audiences and champions. It aims to get new art visitors stepping over gallery thresholds and being inspired to make their own art. By profiling high quality artwork by children and young people, Generation ART aims to raise the aspirations of schools, teachers and of children and young people, and inspire them to create excellent artwork.

Last week we opened the submission process for artwork via our website. From now until 10am on Tuesday 7 April we are looking for children and young people in England between the ages of 4 and 18, or their teachers or perhaps gallery educators who have worked with them, to submit artwork which if selected could be included in the touring exhibition this year. The artwork can be in any medium, including digital, video, painting, drawing, textiles, sculpture and more. It can be a finished artwork, or a piece of research - a drawing, study or model or maquette. It could be made in any setting - such as home, school, gallery or youth club - by groups or individuals. It is a very straight-forward process to submit work – simply visit www.engage.org/GenART and tell us how the young artist was inspired and
the work developed, and upload digital images of final pieces.

It’s a fantastic opportunity, and we’re really keen that as many children and young people as possible can be involved. Please do share this information with anyone you know who might be interested, and  further information can be found on our website at http://engage.org/aboutgenart.

With best wishes,
Ailbhe

engage in the
visual arts

Ailbhe Mac Eoin
Communications Officer

engage Central Office, Rich Mix, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London E1 6LA
T +44 (0)20 7729 5858  F +44 (0)20 7739 3688  E [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]   W http://www.engage.org
engage, the National Association for Gallery Education, is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Charity number: 1087471 Company number: 4194208 OSCR number: SC039719. Registered office: Rich Mix, 35 - 47 Bethnal Green Road, London E1 6LA

Join over 900 members in the UK and worldwide and become part of the UK's most effective advocacy and support organisation for gallery education - from just £33.50 per year http://www.engage.org/join

Join engage in promoting learning through artworks, artists, museums and galleries http://www.engage.org/projects

engage supports the development of the gallery learning sector by advertising jobs and opportunities and offering careers advice http://www.engage.org/jobs-and-careers

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is requested to use their own virus checking software.