Dear GEM colleagues,

New research by Britain Thinks puts heritage at the heart of improving quality of life across the UK over past 20 years

You may have seen that yesterday we at HLF launched research about the public’s perception of heritage and Lottery funding for heritage over the last 20 years. The report ’20 years in 12 places research’ was carried out for HLF by Britain Thinks to mark HLF’s 20 years and £6billion of investment into the UK’s heritage.

I thought this group might be particularly interested to know what the public said when asked what they thought were the criteria for a ‘good’ heritage project. They told us it should have the following attributes:

You might find these useful messages to take back into your organisations.  There are also some important challenges in the report about the ongoing need to broaden the audience for heritage and we’d be interested in your responses to these.

The research – including summary reports, local place reports, some short films, slide decks and open data sets - is fully available through a comprehensive feature on our website. You can read more here: http://www.hlf.org.uk/20years12places  The top level findings are provided in bullets below.

Do have a look at the detail – especially if you’re in one of the ’12 places’ featured in the research – and share it widely if you can.  If you’re a Tweeter we’re using the hashtag 20Years12Places  (#20Years12Places).

Key national findings

Thanks and best wishes,
Jo

Jo Reilly
Head of Participation and Learning
Heritage Lottery Fund
7 Holbein Place, London SW1W 8NR
Direct line: 020 7591 6007  Mobile: 07989 344220
HLF website   Young Roots Facebook

Follow me on Twitter and be part of our online community

the system manager.

www.clearswift.com

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Claranet. The
http://www.claranet.co.uk