Hi Carole,

From earlier emails it seems you have 2 groups. Do you mean that you have 2 sets of 3 scans for each monkey, being 3 scans without treatment and the other 3 with treatment, and this was repeated for an overall sample of 3 monkeys?

If yes, the only analysis I can think of that won't be too terribly hampered by the small sample size is this:
1) Run melodic with temporal concatenation using all 6x3=18 scans.
2) Run the dual regression.
3) Run randomise using design.mat, design.con and design.grp as follows:

design.mat: should contain 18 rows and 4 columns:
- EV1: Code +1 for treatment and -1 for placebo
- EV2: Code 1 for monkey 1, 0 for others
- EV3: Code 1 for monkey 2, 0 for others
- EV4: Code 1 for monkey 3, 0 for others

design:con:
- C1: [1 0 0 0] (this tests treatment > placebo)
- C2: [-1 0 0 0] (this tests treatment < placebo).

design.grp:
This is a single column that defines one exchangeability block per monkey:
1
1
1
1
1
1
2
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3
3

Then when running randomise, make sure that the options "-d design.mat -t design.con -e design.grp" are all included. There should be 8000 permutations possible.

Regarding head motion, please see this other thread: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=FSL;448bba7e.1502
I wouldn't include it.

All the best,

Anderson