Dear Ikko,

the HCP data is “multi-shell” and eddy is fine with that. I.e. with data that fall on a small(ish) number of shells/b-values.

What it can NOT deal with yet is when data has been sampled on a regular grid in Q-space.

Jesper

On 17 Mar 2015, at 13:30, 木村一皓 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Sorry, I forgot to add something.
In fact, I've used preprocessed-data of HCP (b-value=1000, 2000, 3000) to do QSDR in DSI-STUDIO.
In this case, nothing was wrong, as far as I see...

Best,
Ikko

Well the eddy current distortions will be there regardless of if the SNR is too poor to see them.  We generally prefer analyzing data that gives viewable and artifact correctable results.

Peace,

Matt.

From: 木村一皓 <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 7:06 AM
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] EDDY tool for DSI dataset

Dear Jess,
(Sorry I'm not expert, just your colleague)

 According to "DSI-STUDIO," doing eddy current correction is not recommended for the DSI data for its high b-value.
You might want to see here.
And the thesis I've read dealing with DSI-data also didn't do motion-correct, nor eddy-current correction steps.

So I  think, for DSI-data, skipping these steps would be correct...

Best,
Ikko

Medicine / Medicine
Osaka University / Japan

Dear Jess,

you are right that the current release doesn’t support DSI data. You could try eddy_correct which is also part of the FSL distribution.

I am afraid that I know too little about non-FSL software for eddy current-correction, but maybe someone else has suggestions for something the works with DSI data?

Jesper