I so wish I could be there— will there be any sort of proceedings?

Sorry if this goes out to more than the moderator, but I couldn't find the address for subscription changes. I'd like to switch my email used here to <[log in to unmask]>
Cheers, Phaedra

From: <Uhlyarik>, Georgiana <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:02 PM
To: Feminism and Curating <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Radical Acts with Suzy Lake and Yvonne Rainer - March 21 at AGO

Would love for you to join us… in Toronto

… and please spread the word!

Radical Acts unconference

Saturday, March 21, 2015
10am to 5pm
Weston Family Learning Centre, Art Gallery of Ontario
Members $30 | Public $45 | Students $25
Includes lunch

Please note that attendees of this event will be granted free entry into Artist Talk: Yvonne Rainer<http://www.ago.net/artist-talk-yvonne-rainer>.

Radical Acts, scheduled in conjunction with the exhibition Introducing Suzy Lake and Feminist Art Gallery (FAG)’s residency at the Art Gallery of Ontario, will explore questions of feminism, performance, and self-representation raised by the exhibition. What is a radical act? Who is visible? Who is invisible? How do we redress the incomplete history on display in most museums?  These issues will be taken up by Radical Acts, attendees: feminist artists and thinkers in a one day event that begins with structured small group conversations and concludes with open discussions generated by participants in the room, following an unconference model. With facilitator Kim Katrin Crosby (Milan).

Suzy Lake in attendance.

Artist Talk: Yvonne Rainer

Saturday, March 21, 2015
7 - 8:30 pm
The Anne Tanenbaum Gallery School, Art Gallery of Ontario
Members $10 | Public  $12 | Students $8

Yvonne Rainer, a co-founding member of the Judson Dance Theater in 1962, made a transition to filmmaking following a fifteen-year career as a choreographer/dancer (1960-1975). After making seven experimental feature films  — “Lives of Performers” (1972), “Privilege” (1990), “MURDER and murder” (1996), among others — she returned to dance in 2000 via a commission from the Baryshnikov Dance Foundation for the White Oak Dance Project (“After Many a Summer Dies the Swan”). Her dances since then include “AG Indexical, with a little help from H.M.”, “RoS Indexical”, a Performa07 commission, “Spiraling Down”, “Assisted Living: Good Sports 2”, and “Assisted Living: Do You Have Any Money?” Her dances and films have been shown world wide, and her work has been rewarded with museum exhibitions, fellowships, and grants, most notably two Guggenheim Fellowships, two Rockefeller grants, a Wexner Prize, a MacArthur Fellowship, and retrospective exhibitions at Kunsthaus Bregenz and Museum Ludwig, Cologne (2012), the Getty Research Institute, L.A. and Raven Row, London (2014). A memoir — “Feelings Are Facts: a Life” — was published by MIT Press in 2006. A selection of her poetry was published in 2011 by Paul Chan’s Badlands Unlimited.

Jean-Michel Basquiat: Now’s the Time is now open!
Don't miss your chance to see Canada's first large-scale exhibition of Basquiat's groundbreaking works until May 10, 2015. Visit www.ago.net for details.

This message is a private communication. It may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or use it, and do not disclose it to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it and any attachments from your system. Thank you.