??

Hello, please can you post this to your members?

Thanks and Best Wishes

Sasha Scambler

Medical Sociology Group Annual Conference 2015

Call for Papers

Wednesday 9 to Friday 11 September 2015

University of York

We look forward to welcoming you to our 47th Annual Conference

We welcome abstract submissions for oral presentations, poster presentations and symposia / special events structured around the streams listed below. Following positive feedback, Pecha Kucha will be making a return to MedSoc in 2015. We also hope to trial new formats for oral papers so that more people have the opportunity to share their work with the medical sociology community.  Whilst we particularly encourage papers reporting research findings, we also welcome abstracts related to sociological theory, social policy, 'works in progress' or even just new and exciting ideas!

Citizenship and Health

Mental Health

Complementary and Alternative Medicines

Methods

Critical Public Health

Open

Embodiment and Emotion

Patient - professional interaction

Ethics

Pharmaceuticals

Ethnicity

Politics of Health

Experiences of Health and Illness

Professions

Gender

Risk

Health Policy

Screening and Diagnosis

Health Care Organisations

STS and Medicine

Health Service Delivery

Teaching Medical Sociology

Inequalities

Theory

Lifecourse - reproductive health; chronic conditions; ageing; death and dying

The abstract submission deadline is Friday 24 April 2015

Please submit at http://www.britsoc.co.uk/events/medsoc-annual-conference/submissions.aspx

Abstracts received after this date will not be considered.

For further details please visit http://www.britsoc.co.uk/medical-sociology.aspx

Enquiries to : [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Dr Sasha Scambler
Senior Lecturer in Sociology
Unit of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Division of Population and Patient Health
King's College London Dental Institute
Floor 18, Tower Wing,
Guys Hospital,
London SE1 9RW