Dear European Social Policy Members,

A conference of potential interest:

P O V E R T Y to P A R T I E S

and

I N S T I T U T I O N S to I N E Q U A L I T Y

Linking Structural Inequalities & Social Policy Making

BIGSSS International Conference 2015

Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)

University of Bremen

Thursday and Friday, September 24th & 25th, 2015

Call for Papers:

This conference aims to identify linkages between social stratification and mobility and social policy and welfare states. It focuses on issues that lie at the intersection of inequality and policy. For example: Does social policy enable or inhibit social mobility? Do welfare states change in response to increasing social inequality? How are actors and institutions causing or responding to inequality? It brings together the stratification focus of the ECSR and the policy focus of ESPAnet into a common framework in order to broaden our theoretical horizons and illuminate the social inequality and political process nexus.

For paper submissions we seek abstracts of no more than 300 words. The conference is open to all academics, and we hope for a good mix of PhD students, postdocs, lecturers and professors. The conference welcomes those from any discipline germane to stratification and social policy; i.e. political science, sociology, economics, demography, and social psychology. It welcomes research on any geographic states or regions. Please see the website link below or the attached document for details on submission of abstracts.

Keynote Speakers:

Prof. Jane Gingrich (University of Oxford)

Prof. Mads Meier Jæger (University of Copenhagen)

Prof. Susanne K. Schmidt (BIGSSS/University of Bremen)

Website:

https://www.bigsss-bremen.de/conferences/bigsss-international-conference-2015.html

Deadline for Abstracts: 31 March 2015, per email to [log in to unmask]

Conference Organizers: Nate Breznau, Michelle Hollman, Katja Möhring,
and Angelika Schenk

Conference Partners: The European Network for Social Policy Analysis (ESPAnet)

Institute of Intercultural and International Studies (InIIS)

Center for Social Policy Research, University of Bremen (ZeS)