Hi Everyone,

We’d be delighted to hear from anyone who is interested in the opportunity below:

The British Museum’s Samsung Digital Discovery Centre is seeking external partners to develop and deliver new & innovative digital learning sessions

The Samsung Digital Discovery Centre (SDDC) delivers an ambitious digital learning programme to schools, family and teen audiences. To keep us as the forefront of digital learning experiences in museums, we are seeking new and exciting sessions to be developed and delivered by external partners. These sessions will be included into a new initiative, the ‘Innovation Lab’ in our families programme. This initiative will see new, one-off sessions developed and delivered by external partners, programmed roughly once per month in the Samsung Digital Discovery Centre.

Pitch a session: For the ‘Innovation Lab’ initiative, we are interested to hear from organisations or individuals who can design and deliver innovative and experimental digital learning sessions and experiences that engage visitors with the British Museum’s collections. Session proposals should be experimental or scratch-like, and should test out new ideas or technologies, or ways of working with family audiences. We do not expect new software to be developed as part of these sessions, but the Innovation Lab will be a great forum to test out new software or new uses of software, with a families audience in a digital learning environment.

We want our audiences to be excited about using new technologies, engaged with our collections, and experiencing new things. We are also interested in sessions that do not replicate what we already provide in the SDDC – please see our website for information about what we currently offer:  http://www.britishmuseum.org/samsungcentre.

If you would like to pitch an idea to us then we’d be delighted to hear from you! Please send us your idea using the following headings:

-          Title: (or working title)

-          Session description: (One paragraph description of your activity. Please include learning outcomes, and any outputs created by visitors.)

-          Session times: (We deliver drop-in session on Saturdays (11-4pm), and workshop sessions on Sundays (11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm). Will your activity be a drop-in or a workshop session? Please feel free to suggest alternative times within the 11am-4pm timeframe if it is more appropriate for you.)

-          Target audience and age range: (Is this an activity for families or teens?)

-          Brief session plan: (Please detail a brief session plan.)

-          Collection: (How does your idea your engage your target audience with the British Museum’s collection? If appropriate, please give examples of objects you will use or reference.)

-          Technology and resources: (Please include what hardware from the SDDC you will use (see notes below), what additional resources you will need, and if you will be bringing in or require the hire of any additional equipment that is not available in the SDDC.)

-          Budget: (We expect submissions of between £350-£1,000. Please detail how this money will be spent on development time, delivery time, resources and other expenses. We would expect one day of delivery to be included in this cost.)

-          You: (Tell us a bit about you or your company, including why are you qualified to develop and lead this activity, or what skills do you hope to develop by doing this project.)

Notes on technology available in the SDDC

The Samsung Digital Discovery Centre has the technology listed below, which you will be able to use for your session:

Send your completed pitch to Lizzie Edwards and Juno Rae at and [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Submission date: Monday 13th April, Midday

Lizzie Edwards

Education Manager: Samsung Digital Learning Programme

Learning, Volunteers and Audiences

T   (UK +44) 020 7323 8204

The British Museum

Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG

britishmuseum.org

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +