WE’RE LOOKING FOR ANTI-AUSTERITY VOLUNTEERS!

Central London
4-hour shifts on dates between 30 March and 9 April

For more information please contact Jessie[at]roaring-girl[dot]com.

FIGURES (www.wearefigures.co.uk) is setting out to make visible the human cost of austerity and urge action against it.

Using excavated raw river mud and taking up residence on the streets and foreshore of central London, artist-activist Liz Crow will sculpt 650 small human figures, each one representing an individual at the sharp end of austerity. Their number echoes the 650 constituencies throughout which the effects of austerity are felt, as well as the number of MPs whose choices determine the choices of others.

We are recruiting a team of brilliant volunteers to involve members of the public in conversations about the themes of the work. We especially want volunteers to reach people who are insulated from the sharp end of austerity, supporting them to question current events and values, and discover their own role in making change. We’re looking for volunteers with a good understanding of austerity and its impact upon people at the sharp end.

(We will also be searching for volunteers in other locations during a later phase of the project.)

http://wearefigures.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/WeAreFiguresRGP
#‎WeAreFigures