Dear All,

The DPC is hiring:

Communications Officer (Maternity Cover)
Location: Glasgow or York
Salary: Grade 6 or 7 (27,057- 40847 GBP pro rata)
Position Type: part time (50%) temporary (provisionally to 1st April 2016)
Deadline: 17th April 2015 at 1200

The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) seeks to employ or second a Communications Officer to support our strategic plan during a period of maternity leave. Applications should be submitted by email not later than 1200 on Friday 17th April. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview in the week commencing 27th April.

The post holder will take a key role in the delivery of the DPC's first strategic objective - a political and institutional climate responsive to the need for digital preservation - and will contribute to delivery of our other three strategic objectives as required. This objective requires a commitment to advocacy on behalf of the digital preservation community. Following a work plan previously established, but with latitude to develop and elaborate where necessary, you will help key decision-makers and opinion-formers understand the opportunities and challenges of long-term access to digital collections and encourage them to act, ensuring that public and institutional policy, legislation and regulation enable robust digital preservation infrastructures. You will seek to understand and articulate the needs of our members, encouraging and supporting the development of tools, services and standards that are of benefit to all.  You will manage DPC's communications activities on a daily basis.

This is an exciting opportunity to work in a high-profile and wide-ranging role.  Recruitment will be to the DPC offices in Glasgow or York and is available immediately till the return of the post holder (provisionally 1st April 2016) at 50% FTE.

For more information see: http://www.dpconline.org/newsroom/vacancies/1466-vacancy-at-the-dpc-communications-officer-maternity-cover

All best wishes,

William

--
Dr William Kilbride FSA
Executive Director

@WilliamKilbride
http://www.dpconline.org/
My email hours are 0800-1000.

[cid:image001.png@01D06BA7.464DF910]

And the winners are...
Klaus Rechert: Emulation as a Service
Alasdair Bachell: Games Preservation in the UK
Adrian Brown: Practical Digital Preservation
Fran Baker: Saving the Carcanet Email Archive
Watch the ceremony here: http://bit.ly/1AcBHlZ

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.  Registered Office, Innovation Centre, University Way, York Science Park, Heslington, YORK YO10 5DG Registered in England No: 4492292