Dear list

IRMS has signed up to work with ARA, CILIP and SLA (the Special Libraries Association) to create an advocacy platform for information management.

The partners have come together to provide a bigger voice on behalf of their members to promote the benefits of good information management and the value of information management practitioners’ expertise to the UK economy, society and the well being of its people.

The Alliance is an informal partnership of equal parties with clear objectives to build advocacy by means of both qualitative and quantitative evidence, aiming to influence governments, business leaders and decision makers in the UK.

Activity and work programmes will be developed and delivered across 2015.

Meic Pierce Owen, IRMS Chair said:

'IRMS enters this alliance with high hopes for what it might be able to achieve.  Working in an even an open manner with our partners, we believe that together we can have a clear and powerful voice for advocacy that can influence effectively at a high political level across the UK to deliver the key message of the value of good Information Management practice to the UK economy and society.  The more effective the delivery of this message, the greater the benefit to all in the Sector.

We have asked our membership and they concur- the IM Alliance has the potential to deliver this message more effectively that we can as individual associations. We are excited by its potential!'

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]