Hi all,

Just a quick note we are currently advertising for a post-doctoral research position in urban geography at the University of Glasgow, details below and at the following link.

 http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/jobs/vacancies/

For more information about human geography research at Glasgow University, see:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/ges/research/humangeographyresearch/

Happy to answer any questions/ queries about the post.

Best wishes,

Dave

Research Assistant in Urban Geography

Reference Number

010275
Location
Gilmorehill Campus / Main Building
College / Service
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
Department
SCHOOL OF GEOGRAPHICAL & EARTH SCIENCES
Job Family
Research And Teaching
Position Type
Full Time
Salary Range
£27,057 - £30,434

Job Purpose

To develop, conduct and publish high-quality research in urban geography, linking across to the wider trans-disciplinary field of urban studies, set within the contexts of the Human Geography Research Group (HGRG), the School of Geographical and Earth Sciences (GES) and the wider collaborative research landscape emerging at the University of Glasgow (GU). The Research Assistant/Associate will be active in researching urban geographies, reaching across to the broader terrain of urban studies, and drawing fully upon the concepts and methods of contemporary social and spatial theory. The post-holder should connect across to scholarship within one or more of the four research themes of the Human Geography Research Group.

We would particularly encourage research with a substantive focus in one or more of the following areas of critical inquiry:

• urban political economy;
• comparative and subaltern urbanisms;
• alternative/progressive urbanisms;
• urban political ecologies;
• urban (in)securities;
• sustainable urban infrastructures/assemblages.