Thanks so much to everyone who’s sent through ideas – there have been some great ones – I’m going to have a proper look at all the suggestions later and will compile a list in the next day or so.

Thanks again!

Alison

From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alison Stenning
Sent: 02 March 2015 10:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CRIT-GEOG-FORUM] Ethnography/participant observation films

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for good, short (15-20 mins) films about ethnography and/or participant observation. I’ve searched YouTube but haven’t really found anything that suits. I’m looking for something that might help students reflect both on doing participant observation and on thinking about what’s involved (ethically, emotionally etc.). It doesn’t have to be geography, but something related, and can be any location, but perhaps particularly appropriate if it’s western and urban.

Thank you!

I’ll compile responses and send them back round to the list if people get back to me off-list.

Alison

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Professor Alison Stenning

Chair in Social and Economic Geography

School of Geography, Politics and Sociology

Newcastle University

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE1 7RU

Tel: +44 191 208 8017

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.ncl.ac.uk/gps/staff/profile/alison.stenning

Blog: blogs.ncl.ac.uk/alisonstenning/

Twitter: @alisonstenning twitter.com/alisonstenning

PLEASE NOTE: MY WORKING DAYS ARE MONDAY, TUESDAY

AND WEDNESDAY. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESPOND TO

EMAIL ON THURSDAYS AND FRIDAYS.