I'm wondering why this was changed. Does the optimum elasticity change with resolution, map quality, or another experimental limitation? Or does it more of a user preference?

Over the years, I've gotten used to being able to drag a loop that is out of density into density and watch as it magically sorts itself into the (often) proper conformation in less time that I could build it myself. I miss this behavior and would like COOT to, again, do such things for me. (OK, that's a lazy approach, but there's always undo, so it's often worth a try).

I've tried various settings of refinement_drag_elasticity and I need to lower it to 0.5 or so before any semblance of earlier behavior appears.

Sue

On Mar 24, 2015, at 1:53 PM, Kevin Jude wrote:

> We've noticed a new behavior in real space refinement in coot 0.8.1 whereby dragged atoms are more tightly restrained to their initial positions than in earlier versions. This seems to be described in the release notes by:
>
>    o BUG-FIX: The amount that the other atoms ove with moving the
>      picked atom has been reduced (but is configurable)
>
> The old behavior was often useful for moving out of a local minimum.  How can I configure this?
>
> Best wishes
> Kevin Jude

Dr. Sue A. Roberts
Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry