The so called discount will never materialise. What will happen is that the owners of brownfield land (probably the "polluter") will hike up the price of the land by the equivalent of the amount saved from not having to pay the local authority S106 charges and so on.

So a bonanza for landowners and developers and little if any benefit to first time buyers.

I cannot believe that the government, which constantly has its ear bent by developers, is so naive as not to understand this. I wonder how much of the £45k per dwelling windfall profit is pledged as campaign contributions to the main party in power?

Regards

Frank Westcott

westenviro.com
Technical Solutions for Sustainability and Brownfield Development

Magnolia House, 15a Fore Street, Roche, St Austell, Cornwall PL26 8EP
0330 330 8015
07973 616197

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and/or
copyright material which is intended only for the addressees named above.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised and copying, distribution
or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Westenviro does not warrant that any e-mail messages and attachments are
free from viruses or other defects and accept no liability for any losses
resulting from infected email transmissions.