Dear All,

Recently my computer hardware has been broken and all the data has been recovered to movable hardware by technician. However I find the recovered PDB file and the MTZcould not be openned by Coot. Then I open the revovered PDB file by WordPad, and from WordPad I copied it to notepad and save it as pdb file. I find the Coot can open the notepad saved pdb file, thus my pdb files can be succesfully recovered from the hardware.

But will you please tell me how to have Coot open my mtz file? After data recovery by the technicial, the data size of the mtz file did not decrease, thus I think there is a way to have it recovered.

I have not noticed there were similar or identical posts as mine for recovery data before in the CCP4 mail list.

Thus I am looking forward to getting a reply from you on how to recover my mtz file.

Smith