Hello All

I want to build static libs (libccp4.a etc.), basically to avoid hassle when deploying executables of my own programs to other machines that are not on my LAN and don't have up-to-date compilers or system libraries.

I downloaded the CCP4 sources & followed instructions in the README, basically AFAICS just 'setenv BUILD_STATIC 1' (tcsh) and './build libccp4 etc.' which claimed to be successful.  But I can't find libccp4*.a anywhere.  In fact 'find' says that the only .a files are in the cmake-3.0.2 directory and are called 'libtest*.a'.  I found 'libccp4c.so.0.0.0' in builddir/libccp4/ccp4/.libs so it seems to be building the dynamic libs.  I also tried 'setenv STATIC 1' but got the same result.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

-- Ian