I disagree, due in part to my availability bias of a very similar phenomenon with lyso-phosphatidylcholine (lpc) detergent. I concluded at the time that the crystals were from divalents plus hydrolyzed headgroups, or perhaps even the whole detergent molecule. I think this particular pattern is remarkably similar. Note that the diffraction really does not decay with resolution the way that protein crystal diffraction does. I will, of course, be happy to be proven wrong.

Maybe as a first step, the original poster (xiaorongli) can comment about whether there is lpc or similar in the crystallization? Also parameters of collection would be informative (distance (or edge resolution), exposure time, delphi, etc)

I want also to point out, vis a vis some mosaicity discussions on this BB, that this crystal(s) has little arcs instead of spots, suggesting that the mosaicity here is probably actually due to variably-oriented microdomains, as opposed to the “mosaicity” seen in most protein crystals, which is more of a spherical blur attributable to unit cell parameter variation.

JPK

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Artem Evdokimov
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 8:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] 来自"李孝蓉" <[log in to unmask]>的邮件

Harry beat me to it :)

Couple of crystals plus maybe a small ice or salt component. Decent resolution and what appears to be a dairly small lattice too.

Good luck,

Artem
On Mar 23, 2015 4:25 AM, "李孝蓉" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Dear All,

I want to ask if the crystal diffraction point On the link below is a protein crystal?
Thanks!
http://a2.qpic.cn/psb?/62847887-0e06-48de-ac7f-29f4681e1543/QILrL2iwf..qhV1IGIeW5oXDKmGgIxw.1HcWlKlIfGA!/b/dDKinnaQPwAA&bo=SAJXAgAAAAABBz8!&rf=viewer_4