From: Lehtinen Jaakko <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Eurographics Symposium on Rendering
June 24-26, 2015
Darmstadt, Germany
http://egsr2015.gcc.tu-darmstadt.de/

CALL FOR PAPERS

Eurographics Symposium on Rendering 2015 will take place in Darmstadt, Germany, from June 24 to June 26, 2015. This 26th event continues the series of highly successful Eurographics Symposia and Workshops on rendering.

This year brings some changes to the submission process: the introduction of a second “Experimental Ideas & Implementations” track in addition to the traditional EGSR papers track (the “CGF track”). Authors have the choice of submitting their work to either the CGF track, the experimental track, or both.

The CGF submission track will remain as is, and continue the long tradition of disseminating state-of-the-art academic results in rendering and related fields. The papers in this track will be, as before, published as an issue of Computer Graphics Forum after a full peer review, including a rebuttal and a 2nd review cycle.

In addition, EGSR 2015 introduces a new “Experimental Ideas & Implementations” conference papers track. Its explicit goal is to solicit submissions that describe either exciting ideas that are not (yet) validated according to the high academic standard of the CGF track, or interesting implementation details for known algorithms in industry-scale uses. In particular, requirements on comparisons to related work, citations, and quality of results are relaxed in exchange for the key questions: is the idea stimulating and interesting? Would it spark discussion and give valuable insights to the rendering community? Papers in this track will undergo full double-blind peer review using its own review form, and be published in the EGSR conference proceedings series, but not the CGF journal. There is no rebuttal or 2nd review cycle. As per common practice, the authors have the possibility to build on top of the conference paper, add comparisons and validation, and submit the work to a journal later. Please see below for FAQ regarding the new track.

For both tracks, we are looking for work that shapes the future of rendering and related fields. In particular, we encourage submission in the related topics of appearance modeling, computational displays, fabrication, and hardware architectures.

Neither papers track has a fixed maximum limit on the number of pages. However, submissions over 12 pages in length will be treated as exceptional cases, and length must always be in proportion to contribution.

Core conference topics include (but are not limited to):

Global illumination
Real-time and offline rendering
Acquisition, modeling, and manipulation of light transport & appearance
Realistic, non-photorealistic, 2D, and 3D image processing & synthesis
Mathematical techniques for image synthesis
Computational photography/optics/displays
Software and hardware systems/architectures for rendering
Audio/sound rendering

We hope to see you and your work in Darmstadt!

Jaakko Lehtinen
Derek Nowrouzezahrai
EGSR 2015 papers chairs

IMPORTANT DATES

Abstract deadline Wednesday Apr 1
Papers deadline Tuesday Apr 7
Reviews due Sunday May 3
Rebuttal due Wednesday May 6 (for CGF track only)
Author notification Thursday May 14
Final papers due Thursday May 21
Final notification Sunday May 24 (for CGF track only)