Peter - where did you get the idea that the 'innovanti' do not find reasons to be glad? Ridiculous. One of the strands that runs through lots of innovative work is its life-affirming joy. I take it you have never picked up on this in your many years of being involved with poetry. Once again you seem to be referring to a particular bit - maybe the Cambridge thing (but even then I would dispute it) then tarring all with your grump brush.

Cheers

Tim