Swazi,

I thank you for rethinking the name.

At the moment, with 'Athena Swan' and 'Race Equality', you run the risk of pandering to those who believe (albeit unconsciously) that all the women are white and all the men are black. (Indeed, the name 'Athena' was a particularly unhelpful choice, in this regard. Cf. the white backlash over 'Black Athena': http://athenatrickster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/putting-athena-into-black-athena.html) You need to advance public understanding of the intersectional nature of social oppression

Please read the keynote I delivered at the UCU Equality Conference, last year: http://www.academia.edu/9304819/Lordes_London_Lessons. In honour of the 50th anniversary of Claudia Jones, of her colossal activist contributions (founder of the first black British newspaper; founder of the Notting Hill Carnival), and of her colossal academic contributions (transnational, anti-colonial theorist, who came up with the concept of 'triple oppression'), you should rename this Charter Mark the Claudia Jones Charter Mark.

Nathaniel

Nathaniel Adam Tobias
Coleman, PhD

Research Associate in the Philosophy of 'Race'
Department of Philosophy, University College London
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
dtmh.ucl.ac.uk, #DTMH