University of Cumbria E-mail Disclaimer

Hello Nicky

Many thanks for your reply. The case of photography books is another classic example! One of the roots of the problem I’m experiencing is that our acquisitions is centralised at a different campus and so I’m not in direct contact with the suppliers. Unfortunately, the acquisitions manager is one of the proponents of the so-called ‘accept the scatter’ policy so I’m collecting as much evidence as I can from other institutions to support my case for a change in a procedure (ie actually allowing me to state the classmark on ordering!).

It’s interesting that your suppliers are happy to accommodate additional terms though. That is definitely something I’ll be pursuing as our records are often rather skeletal.

Much food for thought – thank you for this!

Best Wishes

Claire

Claire Stewart

Learning Enhancement Adviser

Academic Engagement, Skills and Retention

Library and Student Services

Brampton Road Library

University of Cumbria

Carlisle

CA3 9AY

Tel: 01228 400375 (Internal: 8375)

Email:[log in to unmask]

We welcome your feedback about the service we provide - please could you fill in our survey at

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/cumbria/academicguidance1415

Thank you!