SAVE THE DATE

LGBTQ ALMS Conference Announcement

ALMS 2016:
Highlighting Archives, Libraries, Museums and Special Collections: An International LGBTQ Conference

ALMS 2016 is an international conference focused on public, private, academic, and grassroots archives collecting and preserving materials of all types from LGBTQ communities to ensure our history continues to be preserved and shared.

The conference began in 2006 when, in cooperation with the Quatrefoil Library, the Tretter Collection co-hosted the first GLBT ALMS Conference in Minnesota. The last conference took place in Amsterdam in 2012 and saw archivists and activists from around the world coming together to share success stories and to discuss the issues around documenting LGBTQ lives.

We hope the 2016 conference will build on our global community, united by common goals.

We will be inviting individuals and organisations to submit papers and presentations very soon.

DATE: Wednesday 22 June to Friday 24 June 2016
TIME: There will be three full conference days plus a choice of additional activities.
PLACE: London
HOSTED BY: the City of London through London Metropolitan Archives in partnership with Bishopsgate Institute