From: Arch-Metals Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Plaza, Maria <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: IAMS Summer School in Archaeometallurgy

Dear all,

We would like to invite you to the annual Summer School in Archaeometallurgy, organised by the Institute for Archaeo-Metallurgical Studies (IAMS), which will take place from 29 June to 10 July at UCL, London.

The first week will be devoted to bloomery iron smelting, and will include seminars and handling sessions as well as an experimental iron smelting campaign. The second week will cover the field archaeology of mining and smelting as well as introductions to the scientific analysis of archaeological metal objects.

Tutors will include Brigitte Cech, Michael Charlton, Jake Keen and Marcos Martinón-Torres. Programme and registration details are available on www.ucl.ac.uk/iams

Please note that registration is essential; places are limited and typically oversubscribed!

With best wishes,

The IAMS team