Dear all

I’d like to draw your attention to some PhD studentships the Open University currently have advertised as part of our recently-awarded ‘Open World Learning’ studentship programme funded by the Leverhulme Trust:

http://www.open.ac.uk/creet/main/news/leverhulme-doctoral-scholarships

One of the topics we are interested in exploring is how learning analytics can operate as a social sorting technology i.e. to examine learning analytics as a form of big data surveillance which has privacy consequences and an impact on life chances.

More information is available in the following document.

http://www.open.ac.uk/creet/main/sites/www.open.ac.uk.creet.main/files/files/Leverhulme_Topics_2015.pdf

The studentship will be located in the Open University’s Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology and will commence in October 2015.

For detailed information and how to apply for the studentships go to www3.open.ac.uk/employment, call Anne Foward, Student Coordinator, on 01908 655364 or e-mail [log in to unmask].

The closing date for applications is 9th March.

Many thanks

Kirstie

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. **************************************************** This is a message from the SURVEILLANCE listserv for research and teaching in surveillance studies. To unsubscribe, please send the following message to <[log in to unmask]>: UNSUBSCRIBE SURVEILLANCE For further help, please visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help ****************************************************