Hi Satra,

thanks - that's interesting. In the data I have access to, I get the
right numbers (here 672/8=84 doubles):
tag =
      group: 25
    element: 4137
       name: 'Private_0019_1029'
         vr: 'FD'
         le: 8
     length: 672
It would help if you and others could share some example DICOM files so
that we can find a robust way to extract the relevant information.

Many thanks,
Guillaume.