From: Peter Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 25 February 2015 at 12:53
Subject: SPSS Education portal - free youtube videos of how to use SPSS
module

May be of use to anyone wanting further insights into stats modules within
SPSS: SPSS/IBM have put youtube videos illustrating the use of all their
procedures on-line for free and are keen to spread the word on this so am
circulating to members!  We can feedback suggestions for improvements as
well either on-line or to Irene whose SPSS breakfast offer I e-mailed
earlier (Irene’s details are as below). Details are as below – we have to
register (for free) at http:// www.presidion.com/academic-portal    which
worked OK for me. For full access though we need to prove we are
‘lecturers’.  There was a video on clustering and multiple imputation
there, for example, I used as a ‘student’ member.

All best

Peter

From [log in to unmask]

Regarding the Academic Portal:

We’ve added your domain to the whitelist in the portal so you can register
now. I think Cambridge university has so many domains for email addresses
that they couldn’t provide us a list so we’re adding them by request. If
you are going to send it to some people please provide us with the email
domains so we can allow them to register. You just need to:

1.       Go to www.presidion.com/academic-portal    and click “Not a
member? Register”

2.       Fill out the registration form

3.       You will receive an email to verify your email address.

4.       Once you’re verified your email address you’ll be able to access
as a student – Student access is provided automatically to all
registrations, if someone is a lecture we need some kind of proof (link to
a web page with that information, some documentation from the college,
email from head of department, etc. just something to make sure no students
get lecture access. The difference between both access level is only one
tab for lecture content where we provide information only for lectures.
Does it make sense?

5.       We can then change your access level to lecture and you’ll have
access to the full site.

Regarding the domains, we have contacted a few times all the main
organisers –academics that are our customers asking them to provide us the
email domains. We have quite a bit list but still missing some – like the
Cambridge ones, so we add them by request – if your domain is not in the
white list you’ll get an error in the registration form saying to contact
us if there is any issue.

We created this to help lectures and students beginners to SPSS so I think
it could be considered Education Tips J

I’ve cc’d my colleague Sara Carr ([log in to unmask]), she is the
person managing all academic support and academic portal so if you need to
talk about email domains or anything else related to academics she’s your
person.

Any feedback you can provide – though the feedback forms in the site or by
email – would be really appreciated. We want to include more useful content
and keep improving the portal with ideas and suggestions from the users, so
please feel free to send us your thoughts.

Peter Watson

MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit

15 Chaucer Road

Cambridge

CB2 7EF

Direct line:  +44 (0)1223 273712

Line (via reception): +44 (0)1223 355294 x801

Fax:  +44 (0)1223 359062