This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Hi All,

I thought I’d signpost to some really good job opportunities just advertised at Colchester and Ipswich Museums for Collections and Learning Curators.

2 x full-time and 1x 6 month maternity cover

In particular the 2  posts based in Ipswich could suit someone from a social history background. http://www.colchester.gov.uk/article/15435/Collections--Learning-Curator-LM45

Please share the Vacancy info across your networks:

Collections and Learning Curator
£21,727-£27,720 per annum
Ipswich based
Full time, 37 hours per week
Post Number: LM45

Are you the person who can bring our collections, and the stories they hold to life? We are seeking outstanding communicators with proven interpretation, collections care and community engagement skills, to join our Collections and Learning Teams. We welcome applicants who have experience, either paid or voluntary, of providing outstanding visitor service to museum audiences.

In order to complement the existing team skills, knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage:

• natural history
• ethnography
• social history

Application Instructions:

To apply for this vacancy using our quick and easy online application method, visit http://www.colchester.gov.uk/jobs. Alternatively call our 24 hour recruitment line on (01206) 507343 for a paper copy quoting post reference LM45

Closing date: Wednesday 4th March 2015.
Interviews date: Friday 20th March 2015.

Ciara Canning

Senior Curator

Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service,

Museum Resource Centre,

14 Ryegate Road, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1YG

Tel      01206 282935

Fax     01206 282925

email   [log in to unmask]

web     www.cimuseums.org.uk

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST