Dear All,

The idea that we store data in organic material is interest. Most inorganic material decays. If we can find a way for data to replicate itself, organically, and “stay alive” then it could last a long time and be transported.

One could suggest that our DNA already do this, in a very crude or rather very abstract way, in that human life, as it moves to the stars, will carry certain information with each generation.  I have been kicking around a blog post on this idea for some time and this article might spur me to finish it, if people are interested I will post it here.

As with any theoretical issue, the key challenge is the practical application. How do I run a computer or a programme with the data? What is the user interface with this type of storage?

In any case, it is worth considering as the world searches for the fountain of gold that would be the digital equivalent of paper.

Best,

Lawrence