The Author Section of Implementation Science still mentions review protocols and suggests relevant format for submission? However I will explore the BMJ Open option.

Regards,
Sandeep

On 4 Feb 2015, at 5:19 am, Pumarino, Javiera <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Sandeep,
We submitted a protocol paper for our realist synthesis to Implementation Science last year. They told us that they changed their policy after 2011 and are no longer publishing review protocols.

Afterwards, we had a good experience submitting and publishing our protocol in BMJ Open.

Best,
Javiera

From: Realist and Meta-narrative Evidence Synthesis: Evolving Standards [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Menear
Sent: January-31-15 5:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Suggestion for publications

Hi Sandeep,

I agree with Justin that Implementation Science is an option, and BMJ Open and Systematic Reviews also increasingly publish realist review protocols.

Other options depend on the topic of your research.  If your review was already peer-reviewed (e.g. it was described in a grant that was funded) then it can be fast-tracked but some journals will put it through a peer-review process if it hasn't gone through one previously.

You can also register your protocol in PROSPERO, it does not stop you from publishing it in a peer-review journal afterwards.

Good luck

Matthew

Matthew Menear, PhD
Post-doctorant / Postdoctoral Fellow
Chaire de recherche du Canada en implantation de la prise de décision partagée dans les soins primaires / Canada research chair in implementation of shared decision making in primary care
Axe Santé des populations et pratiques optimales en santé /  Population Health and Optimal Health Practice Axis
Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec / CHU de Québec Research Centre
Hôpital St-François d'Assise,
10, rue de l'Espinay / D6-732
Québec (Québec) G1L 3L5 Canada
Tél: (418) 525-4444 poste 53531