OK, I looked up cruck -

Cruck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruck
Wikipedia
A cruck or crook frame is a curved timber, one of a pair, which supports the roof of a building, used particularly in England. This type of timber framing consists of long, generally naturally curved, timber members that lean inwards and form the ridge of the roof.
Urban Dictionary: cruck
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cruck
Urban Dictionary
Cruck. 1. To be yelled at 2. to be in a dramatic scene that you would not want to be in. 1. You are sitting in class and someone starts yelling at you you would say  ...
google cruck for some great pix of curved timber…

Max