Yes, I've been in tune with this on a road trip to and from Canberra -
about 825 kms over all. Lots of such markings - but none for the many
wallabies and 'roos knocked down by haulage trucks. Sad sight after sad
site.

Except one site where a wallaby was indeed squashed with a hind leg
sticking grotesquely up in to the air, forming a shadowy tent between her
thighs, drying beside the road before a barbed wire fence which marked the
edge of a massive paddock of grey stubble after harvest, and standing
proudly on a small hill in the distance, a pure black cow, alone in this
wide open pastoral plain, surveying her holdings to the horizons, with only
the occasional gum tree to break the landscape.

This I saw passing at 110kms per hour, Jethro Tull playing an ironic sound
track of English folkrock in our air conditioned Japanese car.

--
Andrew
http://hispirits.blogspot.com/