Ive heard it said. & it was in tthe talk of the person whose voice I was
trying to catch.

Really the lines are all of reasonable length although irregular; but I
have deployed a number of techniques which, when I wrote it - it was some
time ago - were intended to convey faltering or querulous speech. Rightly
or wrongly. I am sure they wouldn't survive jisc and so I went for this
version.

Bit sloppy, but there you are