I wonder what sort of guidance our invigilators get on this? I'm going to
investigate.

On 11 February 2015 at 08:46, Jones, Sheila <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>  The University of Liverpool’s ‘Regulations for the Conduct of
> Examinations’ say “Candidates are forbidden to take to their examination
> desk any unauthorised book, manuscript, blank paper or other article, such
> as a mobile phone or other electronic data storage or communication
> device.”  This is then expanded on further in our ‘Notes for Guidance of
> Examination Candidates’ which say “You *MUST NOT* keep a mobile phone at
> your exam desk, including on your person.  If you usually use your phone to
> tell the time, you *MUST* make sure that instead, during the exam, you
> bring a watch (Smartwatches or similar timepieces capable of storing or
> accessing data are *NOT* permitted).”
>

> We have had one disciplinary case so far involving a Smartwatch.
>

> Regards
>
> Sheila
>
> ________________________________
>

> Mrs Sheila Jones
>
> Academic Compliance Manager
>
> Student Administration and Support
>
> University of Liverpool
>
> Foundation Building
>
> Brownlow Hill
>
> Liverpool
>
> L69 7ZX
>
> Tel: External 0151 795 4306; Internal 54306
>
> Email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

*Stephen Gow*

*Academic Integrity Resource Manager*

Academic Support Office
Harry Fairhurst Building, Room LFA/132
University of York
Heslington
YORK
YO10 5DD
01904 321135

Gow, S. (2014). A cultural bridge for academic integrity? Mainland Chinese
master’s graduates of UK institutions returning to China. *International
Journal for Educational Integrity*, *10*(1).
<http://www.ojs.unisa.edu.au/index.php/IJEI/article/view/935>