Hi all,

Please note and circulate this call among your networks as appropriate.

The  Asia Pacific Design Library has just launched a Call for Proposals<http://designonline.org.au/content/apdl-connect-project-call-for-proposals/> to design an installation for our Design Lounge located on Level 2 of the State Library of Queensland<http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/> in South Bank, Brisbane. We are seeking proposals for an installation of a new and innovative work that demonstrates connections between Australia and the Asia Pacific region through design. Up for grabs is a $5000 honorarium plus an economy flight to and accommodation in Brisbane.
APDL is asking designers to create an installation that explores the future of one of our key areas of collection - better living, communication, design thinking, fashion, and public places - and reflect on how it can be used to foster connections between the Asia Pacific and Australia. Designers will also be required to provide documented insight into their design process from concept to completion. In doing so, we hope the project will provide inspiration for our visitors as an exemplar of design in action. Alongside the installation, we would love designers to develop a workshop to be conducted around the time of the unveiling of the installation in June 2015.
Proposal submissions must be received  by 5pm, Friday 6 March 2015. The successful applicant will work with the Asia Pacific Design Library team to develop their work and have it on display for 12 months from June 2015. All of the information is also online here<http://designonline.org.au/content/apdl-connect-project-call-for-proposals/> http://designonline.org.au/content/apdl-connect-project-call-for-proposals/
Thanks

Associate Professor Thea Blackler
Head of Discipline for Industrial Design
School of Design
Queensland University of Technology
2 George Street
Brisbane
QLD 4001
Australia

Phone: +61 7 3138 7030
Mobile: +61 410 736494
Web: www.paslab.com.au<http://www.paslab.com.au/>

[banner2_728x90px_certo_150dpi]

[State Library of Queensland]<http://www.slq.qld.gov.au>

Disclaimer

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipient(s) only. This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, of a private nature or which is subject to legal professional privilege or copyright. Accordingly, any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message is prohibited unless expressly authorised by the sender acting with the authority of or on behalf of the Library Board of Queensland.

If you have received this email by mistake, please inform the sender as soon as possible and delete the message and any copies of this message from your computer system network.

The confidentiality, privacy or legal professional privilege attached to this email is not waived or destroyed by that mistake.

The State Library of Queensland uses virus scanning software. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that this email does not contain and is not infected by a computer virus.

Unless expressly attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the views of the Library Board of Queensland.

SLQ

ref:xxxx42xfzt ref:68ga42xfzt