Dear All,

Hope you had a good weekend.

Last week I attended the OER Schools Conference
<http://www.digilitleic.com/?p=652>, which was organised to support a
landmark decision by Leicester Council to give blanket permission to
teachers in the Leicester area employed by the council to share their
learning and teaching resources under an open licence. I've yet to hear
of any other UK council's doing this and would be interested if anywhere
else around the world is leading the way.

There is a write up of the day at:
http://education.okfn.org/oer-schools-conference/

I presented on open education and OER activity around the world, my
slides are at:
http://www.slideshare.net/MariekeGuy/leicester-oer-schools

Thanks

Marieke
--

Marieke Guy
Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |