Dear Colleagues-

On behalf of my co-organizers, Lahouari Krim and Brandon Carroll, I would
like to offer a final reminder that the abstract deadline is approaching
for a dedicated astrochemistry session at the 2015 Astrobiology Science
Conference (AbSciCon), entitled "Interstellar Chemical Evolution:
 Astrochemistry from Atoms to Amino Acids," to be held June 15 - 19 in
Chicago, IL, USA.  We welcome contributions from the laboratory
astrophysics, modeling, and observational communities.  A detailed summary
follows this message.

*Abstract submission will close on March 4th.*

Details are available at the AbSciCon website:
http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/abscicon2015/

AbSciCon is a unique conference, offering participants exposure to research
occurring across an incredibly diverse array of fields from chemistry,
astronomy, biology, geology, and beyond, all working toward the same goal
of understanding the origins of life.

Please let us know if there are any questions or concerns, and we hope very
much to see you all at AbSciCon 2015!

---

Theme:  How to Build a Habitable Planet

Session Title:  Interstellar Chemical Evolution:  Astrochemistry from Atoms
to Amino Acids

Topic Short Title (listed on abstract submission form):  Interstellar
Chemical Evolution

Organizer:  Brett A. McGuire (National Radio Astronomy
Observatory/California Institute of Technology), [log in to unmask]

genesis of life-essential biopolymers has been an exciting line of inquiry
for decades.  The detection of the simplest amino acid, glycine, by the
Stardust mission has only intensified this interest in recent years.  Yet
the chemical-evolutionary routes leading to the formation of glycine, and
other (pre-)biotic molecules in the interstellar medium, remain an open
question.  As these chemical inventories comprise the building blocks from
which habitable planets may eventually form, understanding their formation
and reaction pathways is critical. This session invites contributions from
observational, laboratory, and theoretical astrochemistry examining all
aspects of complex chemical evolution in the interstellar medium.  Special
emphasis is placed on the role of physical environment, in particular the
chemistry occurring on and within the icy mantles of dust grains, and the
interplay between these reactions and the gas-phase chemistry, in driving
molecular inventories toward increased complexity.  This session is
co-organized by Lahouari Krim (Université Pierre et Marie Curie-Paris VI)
and Brandon Carroll (California Institute of Technology).

--
*Dr. Brett A. McGuire* | NRAO Jansky Postdoctoral Fellow | Caltech Division
of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html