Um... I'm sure you know there was no medieval change-ringing, for.a.start. I do know that one church (??Ludgate) had to ring the bells whenever Elizabeth I passed by in the royal barge, which the churchwardens got rather disgruntled over, given the fees to the ringers. Will ask campanologist other half about medieval ringing, but somehow I can't envisage more than 1 or 2 bells at a time.

Jane