Apologies for cross posting

We continue our theme of experimental and abstract animation with a post on the work of Jordan Belson by Aimee Mollaghan.

Please feel free to comment.

Please note that due to increased interest in this theme, I have decided to extend it into March. The education theme (CFP below) will move into April with a new deadline. If anyone would like to submit to either theme please get in touch.

If anyone has any other themes they would like to see examined, or re-visited and/or would like to curate a theme, please let me know.

http://blog.animationstudies.org/

best wishes
Nichola

Dr Nichola Dobson
President
Society for Animation Studies

follow us on twitter @anistudies

like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/SocietyForAnimationStudies?ref=hl

CFP (April Theme)

Education in/and Animation

Deadline Thursday 26th March 2015

This month’s theme invites posts on all aspects of education in animation or the use of animation in education.

Topics may include but are not limited to:

-       Animation pedagogy

-       Animation as a teaching tool in non-animation courses

-       Traditional vs. new technology in animation education

-       Student experience/expectations

-

Any aspects of these, or other areas will be welcome.

Posts of between 300 and 500 words, which discuss any aspect of the above topic, are welcome.  Contributors are especially encouraged to include clips and images to support their posts.  Please also include a short bio to accompany the post. All permissions are the responsibility of the contributor. Please contact the editor [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] with submissions or questions.

Future Themes

April – Industry

May – Adaptation

June – Children’s animation

July or August – Adult animation (or animation for adults)