Now, perhaps more than ever, it is vital that we spread the good news about what our libraries offer and the real difference they can make. Enter the CILIP PPRG Marketing Excellence Awards to compete for the Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards.

The PPRG Marketing Excellence Awards are free to enter for any library and information service in the UK. Entrants do not need to be PPRG members, as the group seeks to celebrate innovation and achievement from right across the library marketing sector.

Deadline for entries is 1st May 2015.

Winning entries are recognised for campaigns that involve elements, which may include print, promotional events or displays, e-marketing and use of social media. The judges look at evidence of the campaign’s impact and effectiveness.

Projects must have been promoted to the target group after Summer 2014. The projects must have been completed and evaluated before the deadline for the awards.

Enter online through the PPRG website: http://www.cilip.org.uk/publicity-and-public-relations/marketing-excellence-awards

Many library services make small marketing budgets go a long way by using imagination, commitment and creativity. From stock promotions to storytelling projects, new online services to the launch of major new library buildings, the PPRG awards exist to celebrate achievement at whatever scale it may be.

The PPRG Awards are widely acknowledged as a showcase for initiatives that fly the flag for libraries of all sizes and in all sectors. They offer national exposure for your project and help communicate the value of what you’re doing among funders, partners, media, peers, managers and customers.

“Winning an award raised our visibility across the University and has cemented the opinion of the University's senior management that our approach should be held up as an example of good practice opinion both marketing and collaborative working. Past award winner

“The kudos of winning a national award has really helped draw attention to what we’ve been doing in libraries – and not just among our own customers and staff. Our service is held up as an example of good practice across the City Council and we’ve received enquiries about our work from library authorities across the UK.” Past award winner.

Winners will receive their award at a PPRG event, and details of their winning entry will be publicised to the profession by the PPRG.

Winners will also be invited to speak at a PPRG event to share their experience with attendees.

For more information about the awards, please contact Davina Omar - email [log in to unmask]

Lynda Bowler
CILIP Publicity and Public Relations Group Web Editor