Encoding Digital Video
For web delivery
Introduction: Thursday 26 February, Advanced: Friday 27 February
http://bit.ly/1sp7JJi

Everything you need to know about converting video files to digital formats: take advantage of our Spring offer

Do you create moving image content, showreels or portfolios?  Want to learn about or develop your skills in encoding videos for the web?

Whether a beginner in the field, or you are looking to advance your skillset, our essential introductory and advanced encoding courses will provide you with invaluable skills that can help you enhance teaching and learning.

Spring offer - 20% discount for booking both courses *  http://bit.ly/encoding-form
Premier/Enhanced Premier members: only £76 per course (rather than £95 for a single course)
Standard members: only £84 per course (rather than £105 for a single course)
Non-members: only £92 per course (rather than £115 for a single course)

Our introduction course is ideal for anyone wanting to expand your encoding knowledge, and covers the following topics:

• copyright status and educational exceptions
• video content - producing new content or reusing existing footage
• analogue and digital formats, telecine
• encoding, storing and networking content
• forms of delivery and use

http://bit.ly/1sp7JJi

Our advanced course is perfect for anyone who has attended our introductory course, or for those who already have experience of delivering time-based media via the web, and covers the following:

• considerations when producing moving image content
• system software and file formats for moving images
• compression; comparing codecs and tools for use
• storage and networking
• server technology, backing up and archiving

http://bufvc.ac.uk/courses/encoding

Taught by a Greg Newton-Ingham, an expert trainer and practitioner, these courses will help you discover how to digitise moving images for online delivery.

Why not take advantage of our spring discount and book now?

Members get discounted rates for all BUFVC courses. Find out if your institution is a member http://bufvc.ac.uk/members

Book your place now http://bit.ly/encoding-form

*All prices exclude VAT

***Apologies for cross posting***

Helen Fitton
Marketing and Events Manager

British Universities Film & Video Council
77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ
tel: 020 7393 1512
moving image and sound, knowledge and access

Follow us on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/bufvc

--
This e-mail (including attachments) and the information it contains are confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received this e-mail in error please delete it from your system. Unless you are the intended recipient, you should not copy this e-mail for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

The British Universities Film & Video Council (BUFVC) is a limited company registered in England under company number 955348, registered as a charity No. 313582, whose registered office is at 77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ