From: Tania Durt
Sent: 19 January 2015 09:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Digitisation for students with special requirements: survey

Dear all,

We are currently reviewing the Digitisation Service for Disabled Students following a hectic Autumn term which highlighted some issues in relation to processes and staffing.

Coincidentally from the Lis-link messages in the last week I’m understanding that we might be coming across some of the same issues and I would be interested to know more specifically how everyone is managing the workload for this sort of request. I intend to share a summary of the responses, so we all benefit from the information.

The Library at University of Roehampton has a centralised Digitisation Service that includes:

·         CLA Digitisation Service for staff covered under the Higher Education Copyright Licensing Agency agreement, its main purpose is to make selected teaching and learning material more easily accessible to students.

·         Digitisation Service for Disabled Students (DSDS) covered under the 2010 Equality Act, its main purpose is to make teaching and learning material available in an accessible format to students who are visually impaired or those who cannot physically manipulate a book.

Could you please spare some minutes to answer the following questions?

1.       Who in your institution deals with digitisation requests for students with special requirements? Do you have a centralised Digitisation Service?

2.       Which special requirements do you cater for and which digitisation formats do you provide?

3.       How/who prioritises the processing of digitisation requests?

4.       Do you have a service level to meet or a target turn-around time to satisfy digitisation requests?

5.       Do you have an average number of students and/or requests per term or year?

6.       Do you have a link to information about your service? Could you please provide it?

7.       Would you like to make any other comments?

Please see attachment if you want to see the answers corresponding to my institution.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best wishes,

Tania Durt
Digitisation & Document Delivery Co-ordinator
Library Services
University of Roehampton | London | SW15 5SZ
[log in to unmask] | www.roehampton.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8392 8121
Follow us on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Join our circle on Google+ | Connect via LinkedIn

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this email or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. University of Roehampton does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of University of Roehampton is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by University of Roehampton.

University of Roehampton is the trading name of Roehampton University, a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England under number 5161359. Registered Office: Grove House, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5PJ. An exempt charity.