From: LGBT Networks List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andy Law
Sent: 25 February 2015 13:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Guide to LGBT-inclusive events/services

***apologies for cross posting***

Dear all,

I’ve been asked if I know of any guides/books/websites on making events/services more LGBT-inclusive. I’m afraid I’m not aware of any – is anyone else?

I’d imagine with services it’ll very much depend on what that service is – in terms of generic advice on services as a whole, I can only think of ensuring language is not cisnormative or heteronormative. With events, it should be easier to identify specific matters of best practice, like not asking for an individual’s title or at least making it optional and offering Mx, providing details of the closest gender-neutral toilets and asking for preferred pronouns in rounds of introductions.

Details of guides/books/websites and your own advice via email would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Andy Law

Academic Quality Support Officer

York St John University, Lord Mayor’s Walk, York, YO31 7EX

01904 87 6767 | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]">Lync

The Quality Gateway | www.yorksj.ac.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it were intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know by return.

Please think before you print.