Dear All,

It’s that time again J

For anyone who has missed this over the last few months, the ALDinHE Professional Development group have restarted the collective online diary (I have copied the original email below). We are interested in what your job entails on a day to day basis so let us know what activities you did on or near the  20th February. It would be great if you could take a few minutes to write a response in the blog. https://aldinheprofdev.wordpress.com/2015/02/20/diary-entry-february-20th-2015-2/. We want to create a new lively account of our work that may even prompt some discussion and debate.

I have shared my day from yesterday and I look forward to reading all your entries!

Best wishes,

Michelle

Michelle Schneider

Learning Advisor

Skills@Library

15 Blenheim Terrace

University of Leeds

LS2 9JT

T 0113 34 35527

W http://library.leeds.ac.uk/people/Michelle-Schneider

http://twitter.com/skills_library

Consider the environment. Please don’t print this email unless you really need to.

Dear colleagues,

In 2010-11 the ALDinHE Professional Development group launched a collective online diary. The fantastic range of responses received, helped us to build up a richer picture of the range of LD work and activities undertaken by list members and their responses to the issues that arose. The responses were also used to help shape the CPD resources being developed for new and experienced staff and helped to identify potential avenues for future work.

Due to the success last time we have decided to bring it back! For anyone new to the lists, the idea is that once a month we will send out a reminder inviting members to post a summary of their work for the 21st of the month (or your nearest working day) to the blog at http://aldinheprofdev.wordpress.com/. You don’t need to commit to writing something every month or to go into great detail. If you have time to add some reflective commentary, that will be very welcome - but equally, if you are in a hurry, a quick summary of your day's activities will help to build up the picture of what learning developers do. You will be able to read other people’s contributions but the site is not visible to search engines – only to colleagues who have been given the URL through this list. It is not intended to replace our normal jiscmail discussions but to allow a fuller record of our activities without clogging up people’s inboxes.

If you would like to do so, please go to the blog post at http://aldinheprofdev.wordpress.com/category/sharing-experience/diary-2014-15 , click on “Diary entry- October 21st 2014” and fill in the "Leave a Comment" box (you’ll have to scroll past my picture and profile, I can’t as yet work out how to hide it sorry! If anyone has a solution please do let me know).

I do hope that many of you will join in with this exciting project.