On 08/02/2015 06:30, Yan Xiaofei wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a argus server.
> We have lots of jobs running recently. The cream ce always report
> socket timeout problem with argus server.
> Here is the error message from job submit:
>
>  FATAL - EOF detected during communication. Probably service closed
> connection or SOCKET TIMEOUT occurred.
>
> The error message from cream ce was:
> 08 Feb 2015 12:25:11,478 WARN
> org.glite.ce.commonj.authz.argus.ArgusConfigHandler - Missing or wrong
> argument timeout; default value used
> 08 Feb 2015 12:25:11,478 WARN
> org.glite.ce.commonj.authz.argus.ArgusConfigHandler - Missing or wrong
> argument connection_per_host; default value used
> 08 Feb 2015 12:25:11,479 WARN
> org.glite.ce.commonj.authz.argus.ArgusConfigHandler - Missing or wrong
> argument max_connection; default value used
>
> I change argus pepd server parameter:
> connectionTimout=180
> maximumRequests=3000
> requestQueueSize=2000
>
> But I can find info fom argus-pepd log that the connectionTimout still
> use default value.
>
> And the cream ce still had lots of timeout problem.
>
> Xiaofei
Hi Yan

You can try to change the parameter on the client side, i.e. the CREAM
service.
In the file /etc/glite-ce-cream/cream-config.xml, in the tag argus-pep,
add the following parameters (default values used in the example):

    timeout="5000" (HTTP connection timeout in millis)
    connection_per_host="5"  (maximum number of connections per host to
keep alive)
    max_connection="20" (maximum total number of connections in the
connections pool to keep alive)

then you've got to restart the CREAM service.

Is there anything particular in your installation, for example are you
using load balancers for Argus  or very complex network structures?

--
Ing. Paolo Andreetto

Tel: +39 049.967.7378