Hi Everyone

Apologies in my earlier post, I didn't make it clear that the walkabout we are devising for the National Gallery will be taking place outside in the public realm - that calm and relaxed space called Trafalgar Square, as well as in St James' Park - so audio posts and other in-house kit isn't what we are after.

So many of you were really helpful when I previously sought 'sound advice' on recorders, I am hoping you can help with advice on the playing and listening end of things.

We have been commissioned by the National Gallery to put our interpretation on a year in the life of little known Norwegian artist, Peder Balke.  Some of you may already know of our plans to use snippets of sounds from interviews with walking artists, performers and writers.  It should be a really fun adventure: http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/whats-on/calendar/workshop-28-march-2015-14-00

We have been asked to supply headphones and mp3 players.  When we did something similar for Sideways in 2012, we purchased Logitech on-ear (semiopen) headphones from Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007SQK68?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

and Alba mp3 players from Argos (and why not?) http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9291803.htm

Inevitably, the ones we bought for Sideways are a little battered and some were lost on the way, so I need to replenish stocks - but are these products the ones to get or do you have suggestions of better, similarly modest priced kit?

Many thanks, Andrew

ANDREW STUCK
Managing Director
Rethinking Cities Ltd
07725555460
http://www.rethinkingcities.net
@RethinkCities
Geovation Housing Challenge Finalist 2015

Producer - Talking Walking
http://www.talkingwalking.net
Founding Director of the Museum of Walking
http://www.museumofwalking.org.uk
@museumofwalking