Hi Gemmers,

I wanted to share these free events with the group.

On Saturday 7th March our War on the Home Front exhibition will be open from 10-1pm, the exhibition tells the little-known stories of Alexandra Palace's role during the First World War.

http://www.alexandrapalace.com/whats-on/war-on-the-home-front/

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/war-on-the-home-front-exhibition-tickets-14162956785

We will also have an official launch of Children of the Great War another Centenary commemoration project. The impact of War across UK had a profound effect on the lives of those who took part in the war effort and their families. War on the Home Front is pleased to partner with Age Exchange to showcase their centenary commemoration project entitled Children of The Great War.

Children of The Great War' is an artwork that reveals how the stories of those who took part in the war, have affected the journeys their families have taken, to now and beyond. The artwork was commissioned by Age Exchange as part of its Heritage Lottery funded project of the same name.

The launch of this event will be on Saturday 7th March 1.30-3.00pm in the Transmitter Hall. The artists Ivan Riches and Simon Purin will introduce their work, the making process and its context within the wider ‘Children of The Great War’ project.   Project participants will also be present to answer questions.

Bookings can be made via Eventbrite on the link below.

http://www.age-exchange.org.uk/what-we-do/arts-projects/great-war/

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/children-of-the-great-war-tickets-15828602777

Best wishes

Mel

Melissa Tettey

Head of Learning and Community Programmes

Alexandra Palace

t. 0208 365 4321

e. melissa[log in to unmask]

Learning