Da: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Per conto di Hall, Kirsty
Inviato: 19 February 2015 14:00
A: [log in to unmask]
Oggetto: museum / gallery advertising in cafes

Good afternoon GEM land,

I apologise as I know this question has been asked before, but the last thread I could find was 2010 so I thought it would be worth asking again for any new ideas people may have please...

We have a very popular café with a regular following, many of whom I don’t think ever visit our museum and gallery on the upper floors. I have been asked to think about how we can advertise the museum/gallery better in the café. We have used Perspex stands in the past with What’s On information but found there was too much cluttering the tables. We do have art and museum collections displayed in two small areas of the café but I think many café visitors wouldn’t spot these or realise that they relate to what is upstairs.

Our drinks menu includes some teapots and plates from our collection so I was thinking about adding a page into the main menu too about the museum / gallery. If anyone has done anything like this, I would be interested to see what you have written.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Thank you, kind regards,

Kirsty

Kirsty Hall

Education Officer, Victoria Gallery & Museum

University of Liverpool

Liverpool, L69 3DR

www.vgm.liv.ac.uk      Tel: 0151 794 2348