Hi Jan

Its still in its early days, but we have a group of volunteers who answer/research  general local history enquiries. All the enquiries are logged in a folder which I keep track of. The idea was that we would be able to monitor the types/subjects of the enquiries, which could then inform the museum about any temporary local exhibitions we might produce. We felt this was a different approach to the one where we might work with a particular group to develop an exhibition, which most of us already do.  As I say, it is still early days, but is a useful experiment!

Regards

annette

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jan Freedman
Sent: 12 February 2015 13:56
To: Annette Wells; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Engaging through enquiries

Hi All,

Apologies for cross posting.

Does anyone know of any publications/articles about engaging with the public through enquiries?

I can’t seem to find anything in the literature about it? Perhaps nothing has been written?

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Jan Freedman
Curator of Natural History

Economic Development
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth City Museum & Art Gallery

Drake Circus
Plymouth
PL4 8AJ

T +441752304765
E [log in to unmask]

www.plymouth.gov.uk

Image removed by sender.

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments to it) is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential or sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy or distribute it to any other person or take any action in reliance. If you have received it in error, please notify your system manager and the sender as soon as possible and then delete it from your system.

Take a look at our online services - pay, request, apply and comment online at http://www.newport.gov.uk/online

Disclaimer

Save paper - think before you print!

This email contains information intended for the addressee only and may be confidential, the subject of legal or professional privilege, or be otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, distribute or copy the e mail to any other party. This email and any attached file are the property of Newport City Council.

When you email Newport City Council, you consent to the Council monitoring and reading any such emails for the purposes of security and legislative compliance. For the full disclaimer please access http://www.newport.gov.uk/disclaimer.

Ymwadiad

Arbedwch bapur - meddyliwch cyn ichi argraffu!

Mae’r e-bost hon yn cynnwys gwybodaeth y bwriedir i'r sawl y'i cyfeiriwyd ato/atynt yn unig a gall fod yn gyfrinachol, yn amodol ar ragorfraint gyfreithiol neu broffesiynol, neu fel arall wedi’i diogelu rhag cael ei rhyddhau. Os nad chi yw’r sawl y bwriadwyd iddo dderbyn y neges hon, a fyddech cystal â rhoi gwybod i'r anfonwr ar unwaith a pheidio â datgelu, dosbarthu neu gopïo’r e-bost i barti arall. Mae’r e-bost hon ac unrhyw ffeiliau atodedig yn eiddo i Gyngor Dinas Casnewydd.

Pan anfonwch e-bost at Gyngor Dinas Casnewydd, rydych yn cydsynio i’r Cyngor fonitro a darllen unrhyw e-bost o’r fath at bwrpasau cydymffurfio â diogelwch ac â deddfwriaeth. I weld yr ymwrthodiad llawn ewch i http://www.newport.gov.uk/ymwadiad